NEXT PREGNANCY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
10 – 12 & 24 – 26 NOVEMBER 2017
PREGNANCY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WITH YOGA MAMA
Pregnancy is a natural process and should be as uncomplicated as possible. The healthier and more conscious women are during this time, the greater the likelihood that they will enjoy the experience of pregnancy and giving birth. With this in mind, Yoga Mama runs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training courses for qualified teachers and health care professionals.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Training Programme teaches women how to overcome difficulties they may encounter during pregnancy. Professionals from different areas will show how to create a supportive environment for pregnant women. This enables them to take from their own strengths and embrace their innate ability to care for themselves and their baby from pregnancy into motherhood. Feeling at ease with their body and emotions, they will be better equipped to make well-informed choices throughout their pregnancy and when giving birth. Full details about the course are below.
This is an 80-hour course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, with a maximum of 15 students per class. The course runs over six full days of classes, divided over two weekends. Topics that will we cover include:
- Asana, pranayama (breathing and relaxation techniques)
- Sequencing pre and postnatal classes
- The dos and don’ts of pregnancy yoga
- Propping and assisting pregnant students
- Prenatal and postnatal anatomy for yoga
- Common ailments associated with pregnancy
- Setting up classes for pregnant students
We create an environment that promotes dynamic and interactive learning from the start. We also encourage students with positive feedback, individual attention and support. Each session reflects a specific content focus. Therefore, students must attend all sessions in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga. Once students have completed the course, we strongly advise them to start teaching as soon as possible. This will help them to cement the connection to what they have learnt during the course.
The objective of the course is:
- To widen qualified yoga teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women during pregnancy and birth.
- To present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to yoga during pregnancy, and how to teach it effectively.
The course is suitable for yoga teachers who already have a yoga teaching qualification and trainee teachers. We may also consider applications from midwives and health professionals who have a strong personal yoga practice.
ASSESSMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
Assessment on the course is ongoing and includes:
- Watching taught classes and writing up observations
- Submitting a satisfactory class plan designed especially for pregnant women
- Teaching a class that will be observed and assessed by the course tutors
Students are expected to:
- Attend and participate in all classes in the schedule. If a session is missed, it must be retaken at a later date in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga.
- Successfully complete all assessments
The Yoga Mama pregnancy yoga teacher training team is made up of the following:
To apply for this course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Once completed it should be returned, along with a copy of your yoga teacher certificate.
COST OF COURSE
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course costs £750.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- By cheque: made payable to Yoga Mama LTD and should be enclosed with completed application form.
- Debit/Credit card (not American Express or Diners club).
- If you wish to pay by debit/credit card, please call us on 0208 789 3881, so we can process your card payment over the phone.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to cancellations and refunds:
- On enrolment for the prenatal yoga teacher training course, a deposit of £300 is required.
- You must commit to attending the entire course in order to receive your certificate.
- You may cancel this booking up to 30 days before the course start date, although we will charge you an administration fee of £25.
- If you wish to cancel within 30 days of the start date, you will not be entitled to a refund, unless there is a waiting list for this course.
- Courses will only be run if there are sufficient numbers, in which case you will be refunded the full value of your course.
Yoga Mama Wellness runs a wide variety of general, pregnancy and postnatal yoga, Pilates and tai chi classes in its Putney studio. There are classes to suit the needs of everyone. We also offer rehab classes for those with injuries or looking to return to exercise.