NEXT UP: 8-10 / 23-24 JUNE 2018 (LONDON)
Below you will find the list of the forthcoming Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Courses at Yoga Mama. These courses are 65 hours, split over 5 full days of classes.
- 8 – 10 and 23 – 24 June 2018 (London)
- 20-24 July 2018 (Sheffield)
- 28 – 30 September and 13 – 14 October 2018 (London)
PREGNANCY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WITH YOGA MAMA
Pregnancy is a natural process and should be as uncomplicated as possible. The healthier and more conscious women are during this time, the greater the likelihood that they will enjoy the experience of pregnancy and giving birth. With this in mind, Yoga Mama runs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training courses for qualified teachers and health care professionals.
This is an 65-hour course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, with a maximum of 18 students per class. The course runs over five full days of classes, spread over two weekends. Of these 65 hours, there are 45 contact hours, and 20 non-contact hours.
WHAT WE COVER
Below you will find some of the topics that will we cover in the course:
- Asana, pranayama (breathing and relaxation techniques)
- Sequencing pre and postnatal classes
- The dos and don’ts of pregnancy yoga
- Propping and assisting pregnant students
- Prenatal and postnatal anatomy for yoga
- Common ailments associated with pregnancy
- Setting up classes for pregnant students
We create an environment that promotes dynamic and interactive learning from the start. We also encourage students with positive feedback, individual attention and support. Each session reflects a specific content focus. Therefore, students must attend all sessions in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga. Once students have completed the course, we strongly advise them to start teaching as soon as possible. This will help them to cement the connection to what they have learnt during the course.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Training Programme teaches women how to overcome difficulties they may encounter during pregnancy. Professionals from different areas will show how to create a supportive environment for pregnant women. This enables them to take from their own strengths and embrace their innate ability to care for themselves and their baby from pregnancy into motherhood. Feeling at ease with their body and emotions, they will be better equipped to make well-informed choices throughout their pregnancy and when giving birth. Full details about the course are below.
The objective of the course is:
- To widen qualified yoga teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women during pregnancy and birth.
- To present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to yoga during pregnancy, and how to teach it effectively.
The course is suitable for yoga teachers who already have a yoga teaching qualification and trainee teachers. We may also consider applications from midwives and health professionals who have a strong personal yoga practice.
ASSESSMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
Prior to the start of the Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course:
- Students are required to do some pre-course reading and class observations.
Assessment on the course is ongoing and includes:
- Watching taught classes and writing up observations
- Submitting a satisfactory class plan designed especially for pregnant women
- Teaching a class that will be observed and assessed by the course tutors
Students are expected to:
- Attend and participate in all classes in the schedule. If a session is missed, it must be retaken at a later date in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga.
- Successfully complete all assessments
COURSE TEACHING SCHEDULE
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course comprises of five whole days of classes. Classes are taught over two weekends. The classes will run as follows:
The teaching faculty in the first week of the course comprises of Cherie Lathey and Andrea Yeboah Regis (Women’s Health Physiotherapist). Classes will take place at the following times:
- Friday: 9am – 6pm.
- Saturday: 9am – 6pm
- Sunday: 9am – 6pm
The teaching faculty in the second week of the course comprises of Cherie Lathey, Diane King (Pregnancy Yoga Teacher) and Allison Downey (Midwife). Classes will take place at the following times:
- Saturday: 9am – 6pm
- Sunday: 9am – 6pm
COST OF COURSE
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course costs £750. We are now taking applications for the June 2018 course. Early bird rate applies. See below.
EARLY BIRD RATE: JUNE 2018 COURSE
Yoga Mama is offering an early bird rate on its June 2018 Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course. If you book and pay for your place by Friday 27th April 2018, you will only pay £695.
To apply for this course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Once completed it should be returned, along with a copy of your yoga teacher certificate.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- By cheque: made payable to Yoga Mama LTD and should be enclosed with completed application form.
- Debit/Credit card (not American Express or Diners club).
- If you wish to pay by debit/credit card, please call us on 0208 789 3881, so we can process your card payment over the phone.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to cancellations and refunds:
- On enrolment for the pregnancy yoga teacher training course, a deposit of £300 is required.
- You must commit to attending the entire course in order to receive your certificate.
- You may cancel this booking up to 30 days before the course start date, although we will charge you an administration fee of £25.
- If you wish to cancel within 30 days of the start date, you will not be entitled to a refund, unless there is a waiting list for this course.
- Courses will only run if there are sufficient numbers, in which case you will receive a refund for the full value of your course.
Yoga Mama Wellness runs a wide variety of general, pregnancy and postnatal yoga, Pilates and tai chi classes in its Putney studio. There are classes to suit the needs of everyone. We also offer rehab classes for those with injuries or looking to return to exercise.
Yoga Baba is an independent organic clothing company for babies. In collaboration with a London artist and yogi, we have produced our own unique range of baby clothing made from 100% organic cotton. These feature illustrated prints inspired by yoga and nature.
The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy is part of London’s largest NHS and Private Medical Treatment Facility. It provides a complete cycle of care, from the treatment of pain and injury rehabilitation to lifestyle changes, preventative exercise and mind-body well-being.
Really enjoyed it, I feel confident and excited to teach pregnant women.
I highly recommend this pregnancy yoga teacher training course.Donna Noble
The amount of knowledge gained I really feel I can lead a well-structured class and very safely.
The environment and all the teachers were highly nurturing and had a wealth of knowledge they were happy to share. I'm so pleased I chose to take this course. It has helped me feel more confident about teaching but also the birth of my first baby.
I thought the course was great overall and am really looking forward to starting my classes. Thank you!!
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the wealth of valuable knowledge and personal experience of the teachers. Loved it! Thank you so much.