NEXT COURSE DATE: 10 - 14 SEPTEMBER 2020 (9AM - 5PM EACH DAY)
VENUE: GREEN LOTUS YOGA (YOGAMOVES STUDIO). GORT, COUNTY GALWAY
Pregnancy is a natural process and should be as uncomplicated as possible. The healthier and more conscious women are during this time, the greater the likelihood that they will enjoy the experience of pregnancy and giving birth. With this in mind, Yoga Mama runs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training courses for qualified teachers and health care professionals.
This is an 65-hour course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, with a maximum of 10 students per class. The course runs over five full days of classes. Of these 65 hours, there are 45 contact hours, and 20 non-contact hours.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
We cover the following topics in the course:
- Asana, pranayama (breathing and relaxation techniques)
- Sequencing prenatal and postnatal classes
- The dos and don’ts of pregnancy yoga
- Propping and assisting pregnant students
- Prenatal and postnatal anatomy for yoga
- Common ailments associated with pregnancy
- Setting up classes for pregnant students
We create an environment that promotes dynamic and interactive learning from the start. We also encourage students with positive feedback, individual attention and support. Each session reflects a specific content focus. Therefore, students must attend all sessions in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga. Once students have completed the course, we strongly advise them to start teaching as soon as possible. This will help them to cement the connection to what they have learnt during the course.
The Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Training Programme teaches women how to overcome difficulties they may encounter during pregnancy. Professionals from different areas will show how to create a supportive environment for pregnant women. This enables them to take from their own strengths and embrace their innate ability to care for themselves and their baby from pregnancy into motherhood. Feeling at ease with their body and emotions, they will be better equipped to make well-informed choices throughout their pregnancy and when giving birth.
The course is suitable for yoga teachers who already have a yoga teaching qualification. We may also consider applications from midwives and health professionals who have a strong personal yoga practice.
Prior to the start of the Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, students are required to do some pre-course reading and class observations. Assessment on the course is ongoing. It will includes watching taught classes and writing up observations, submitting a satisfactory class plan designed especially for pregnant women and teaching a class that will be observed and assessed by the course tutors.
Students are expected to attend and participate in all classes in the schedule. If a session is missed, it must be retaken at a later date in order to qualify to teach pregnancy yoga. Students are to successfully complete all assessments.
General price: €880
Early bird rate: €800 (if paid in full by 31st July 2020)
Please note that applications for this course will be administered exclusively by Green Lotus Yoga.
Candidates can apply to enrol on this Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent an application form which you are required to fill in, in addition to submitting a copy of your yoga teacher certificate in a suitable format (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .png, .jpg). Failure to provide this information slows down the application process.
Green Lotus Yoga administers this 5-day intensive Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course. It will take place at their YOGAMOVES Studio in Gort, County Galway. Full address below.
The information that you provide us with on this form will:
- Remain strictly confidential. It will be stored securely and will only be viewed by The Green Lotus Yoga course administrators when verifying your eligibility to undertake the Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course.
- Yoga Mama or Green Lotus Yoga will not pass this data on to third parties. However, on completion of the course we may ask you permission to share your details with our governing body, Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- You can request a copy of the data that we have stored on file at any time by contacting Cherie Lathey (course director) at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (ENROLMENTS, BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS)
- When applying for a place on the Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, you must provide course administrators with a copy of your Yoga Teacher Training certificate, along with your completed and signed application form.
- You must commit to attending the entire course and complete all assessments required in order to receive your certificate.
- On enrolment for the Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, a deposit of €300 is required.
- You may cancel this booking up to 30 days before the course start date. However, there will be an administration fee of €25.
- If you wish to cancel within 30 days of the start date, you will not be entitled to a refund, unless there is a waiting list for this course.
- Courses will only be run if there are sufficient numbers, in which case you will be refunded the full value of your course.