TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YOGA MAMA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE BOOKINGS
The following terms and conditions apply to cancellations and refunds:
- On enrolment for the pregnancy yoga teacher training course, we require a deposit of £300.
- You must commit to attending the entire course in order to receive your certificate.
- You may cancel this booking up to 30 days before the course start date. Please note that we will charge you an administration fee of £25.
- If you wish to cancel within 30 days of the course start date, you will not be entitled to a refund, unless there is a waiting list for this course.
- Courses will only run if there are sufficient numbers. Should a course not run for this reason, you will receive a full refund.
Yoga Mama offer bursary placements on some of its Pregnancy Yoga and Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness teacher training courses from time to time. When offered, there will be 2 bursary places on each course. Selected candidates will receive a 50% discount on training fees. In order to be eligible for a Yoga Mama bursary, candidates should:
- Meet the application criteria for our teacher training courses;
- Come from a marginalised, vulnerable or currently under-represented ethnic group;
- Be unable to do the course due to financial circumstances.
Please note that successful applicants are only entitled to receive one bursary placement. Should your application for a bursary place be unsuccessful, you can reapply for courses at a later date.
REQUEST A BURSARY APPLICATION FORM
If you would like to apply for a bursary place on our next course, please send an email to Cherie Lathey on email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE YOGA MAMA ONLINE STORE
On this page you will find the terms and conditions set out by Yoga Mama regarding the use of the Yoga Mama website and purchases made using the site.
- UK orders: We send these orders using the Royal Mail First Class service. The turnaround time for this service is 2-3 working days.
- European Union orders: We use the Royal Mail Standard International service on these orders. This service normally takes 5-6 working days to arrive.
- Rest of the world: We process these orders using the Royal Mail Standard International service. This service generally takes 7-10 working days.
We are happy to exchange or refund any item of your order if you are not entirely satisfied. Please return any unused items for exchange or refund within 14 days of receipt. If an item develops a fault after receipt, we may be able to offer an exchange or refund on unused items only. Unless faulty, a returned item will only be accepted if it is unused, in its original packaging and in a resalable condition. We do not accept returns on items damaged as a result of incorrect laundering. Please read the care instructions carefully before washing.
Customers must return goods to Yoga Mama at their own expense. If the item is faulty, we will refund or credit your return postage cost. Please obtain proof of postage from the post office when returning goods. Without this, Yoga Mama is not liable for returns not reaching us.
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS
We have taken great care to be precise when detailing the contents of this website. We have striven to ensure prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been accurately and fairly described. Occasionally an error may occur and goods maybe either incorrectly priced or described on the website/in marketing materials associated with the business. If this does occur we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price or in accordance with the incorrect description. We will at our discretion either cancel your order or refund you the price you have paid or contact you and enquire as to whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price and/or description.
In order to make a purchase on the Yoga Mama website, you must be a registered user. You can sign up for an account with Yoga Mama for free on the My account page. Upon registration, users will receive an email with login instructions, including a unique secure password.
Users can change this password at any time by accessing their account dashboard. Should users choose to modify their password, we strongly recommend they choose a strong password. We urge customers not to share this with anybody to ensure maximum security. Should users forget their password, they can request a password change following the on-screen prompts. Yoga Mama will never ask users to provide their password in any form of verbal or written correspondence. Should you receive any such requests, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the matter further.
Upon registration, you will also be able to enter your account details. This includes your shipping and billing addresses, and your preferred method of payment. In addition to this, you will also be able to view records of your orders.
PAYMENTS AND PAYMENT SECURITY
We accept Visa debit and credit, American Express, MasterCard, Delta, and Maestro cards. We must receive payment for the whole price of your purchase and delivery prior to dispatching your order. By using a credit/debit card to pay for your purchase, you confirm that the card being used is yours or that you are authorised to use it. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. For security purposes, please do not your share any payment or bank account details by email. Yoga Mama is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of sharing information by email. Any such loss shall be entirely your responsibility.
All goods are subject to availability. We endeavour to hold sufficient stock to meet all orders, but occasionally we may run out of something. Should an ordered item go out of stock, we will contact customers using the details provided to ascertain how to proceed. If an item in a multiple order is out of stock, we may process the items that are in stock in accordance with the customer’s wishes.
We aim to provide our customers with beautiful products and fulfil our customers’ requirements efficiently. However, we realise that occasionally things may go wrong. If you have a complaint, please email us at email@example.com. We will handle your complaint with the utmost confidentiality. Where possible, we aim to get resolve complaints within 5 working days.
DATA PROTECTION AND COOKIES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: CLASS AND WORKSHOP BOOKINGS
Here you will find the Terms and Conditions for services offered by Yoga Mama, including class bookings, cancellations and missed classes, refunds and studio and class policies.
We are currently unable to take bookings at reception or accept cash payments. Therefore, students must book classes in advance of attendance using our online booking system. Please note that enrolment closes 60 minutes before the advertised class start time. We offer single session classes which are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of sale. Consult our single class prices here.
We are unable to offer drop-in spaces on our in-studio classes. Therefore, all class bookings must be made in advance using our online booking system. Should students arrive at the studio without a valid class booking, they will be refused entrance to the class.
Joining a class:
- Please note enrolment closes 60 minutes before the advertised class start time.
- Sign in (or sign up) for your class as normal using your Acuity account.
- When you book your class, your will receive a confirmation email which includes the ZOOM meeting link.
- Join the ‘meeting’ 5 minutes or so before the class with your audio and video switched on so that the teacher can say hello. You can then go off and do other things or get settled before the class starts.
Our online classes are powered by ZOOM. In order to join a class:
- Download the latest version of Zoom. We recommend leaving plenty of time for this so as to avoid any last minute hitches before your class starts.
- Mobile and tablet users can download the ZOOM app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Ensure your device is charged sufficiently for the duration of the class (60-75 minutes).
ONLINE CLASS DISCLAIMER
Exercise is not without risks and this (or any other exercise programme) may result in injury. This includes, but is not limited to, the: risk of injury, aggravation of a pre-existing condition, or the adverse effects of over-exertion such as: muscle strain, abnormal blood pressure, fainting, disorders of heart beat, and very rare instances of heart attack. To reduce the risk of injury, before beginning this or any exercise programme, please consult a healthcare provider for appropriate exercise prescription and safety precautions.
The exercise instruction and advice presented in the classes are in no way intended as a substitute for medical consultation. Our teachers disclaim any liability from and in connection with the classes. As with any exercise programme, if at any point during the class you begin to feel faint, dizzy or have any physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and seek medical advice. Please note that if you lose internet connection or it runs slowly, classes cannot be refunded.
Precautions before taking a class
Please take note of the following precautions before taking the class:
- To reduce and avoid injury, check with your GP before beginning the classes.
- Ensure that your workout area is safe, with sufficient space to move freely without obstruction, and with sufficient heating and lighting.
- Remember to stay hydrated.
- If anything has changed since filling out your health questionnaire, you must inform your teacher prior to the session. You may need to get approval from a GP or medical professional prior to the session.
- By participating in the online classes, you are doing so at your own risk. Our teachers will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain because of our Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Fitness programmes.
- If at any point during the class you begin to feel faint, dizzy or have any physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and seek medical advice.
- Please use good judgement and common sense when taking the class, consider your level well.
In addition to single session classes, Yoga Mama also operates a class pass system. Our class passes consist of bundles of 5 or 10 classes, which students can use on any of our in-studio classes within a 90-day period.
Yoga Mama operates a class pass system on its classes. We offer two separate types of passes on our in-studio and online classes, for 1, 5 and 10 classes. Single classes are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. Whereas, 5 and 10 class passes are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. Concessionary rates for senior citizens are only available on off-peak hour in-studio classes (between 9:30am and 5pm). There is a 10% discount on 10 x class passes. Consult our class pass prices here. Below you will find the fees.
Class pass prices
- 1 class: £19 (in-studio) | £14.75 (online)
- 5 class pass: £90 (in-studio) | £73.75 (online)
- 10 class pass: £171 (in-studio) | £132.75 (online)
Class prices for senior citizens
- 1 class: £15.75 (in-studio) | £14.75 (online)
- 5 class pass: £78.75 (in-studio) | £73.75 (online)
- 10 class pass: £141.75 (in-studio) | £132.75 (online)
Yoga Mama encourages students to use their online accounts to make optimal use of class passes. This gives students the freedom to manage their own class bookings, cancellations, renewals, etc. See below for details.
Terms and conditions
- All class passes are valid for 3 months, starting from the date of purchase.
- On purchasing, you can book yourself into all of your chosen classes at the same time.
- If you prefer, you can check in to each class individually, providing it is within the 3-month period of validity.
- Should you be unable to attend a booked class, you need to cancel with at least 24 hours’ notice in order to avoid losing any credits.
- To cancel a booked class, you can do this yourself using your Acuity account (web or App). Go to ‘My Schedule’ and cancel the class. You need to cancel the class that you cannot attend first to free up the credit, after which you can then book yourself onto a different class which suits you.
- If you are experiencing internet connection difficulties, you can also call us on 07939 589 083 to cancel a booked class.
- Mix and match your classes. Our class pass system allows you greater flexibility to attend classes that best suit your schedule. Not only this, but it also gives you the freedom to try your hand at something new.
Payment for Yoga Mama class bookings can be made in the following ways:
- Online using the Yoga Mama Wellness Acuity booking system. We accept most major credit cards (except American Express) and use Stripe to process payments.
- At present, we are unable to take bookings at reception or accept cash payments.
Once your class pass has expired, you have following options via your Acuity account:
- Purchase multiple class passes.
- Schedule auto-renewals.
- In the event of a class or workshop cancellation, Yoga Mama will give students at least 24 hours’ notice wherever possible.
- If a class or workshop is cancelled, we will issue a full refund to your Acuity account or the method that you indicate.
- In the case of a class cancellation on a block booking, Yoga Mama will make pro-rata refunds. Please note that you are also free to use credits from cancelled classes on other classes offered by Yoga Mama, provided it is within 3-month period of validity.
- Yoga Mama Wellness can only offer a full refund on unused single class sessions, workshop bookings and class passes provided that these are cancelled within their period of validity.
- Pro-rata refunds will be issued by Yoga Mama where class passes have been partially redeemed, provided cancellation is carried out during the 3-month period of validity.
- In extraordinary cases, Yoga Mama exercises discretion for those who were unable to use their class or class pass credits due to extenuating circumstances.
- Wherever possible, you should cancel bookings with at least 24 hours’ notice if you are unable to attend in order to avoid losing your credit.
- In extraordinary cases Yoga Mama exercises discretion regarding missed classes. If you were unable to cancel a class within the given notice, please call 07939 589 083 to speak to a member of our admin team.
Yoga Mama will endeavour to ensure that the teacher advertised will teach your class. However, occasionally, a substitute teacher may be necessary.
PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
Here you will find the terms and conditions relating to promotional offers and discounted classes.
- Discounted, promotional and early-bird offers must be paid for in advance and are non-cancellable, non-transferable and non-refundable. These discounted offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounted package. They may be for specific dates/times only.
- From time to time, we offer promotional offers on first treatments on selected services. These offers are exclusively for new clients, or existing clients who would like to try out a new service. These promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions. If you are an existing client booked into a service that subsequently has a promotional discount applied to it, you may not cancel your appointment and book again at the discounted rate.
- We frequently use promocodes on our promotions which clients must quote when booking. These unique codes are for administrative purposes and are for one single by any given client.
- We may issue promotional coupons in our e-newsletters. The full terms and conditions of the promotion will be clearly stated on the coupon. Alternatively, Clients may also show the promotional coupon on their phone or tablet to the member of staff who processes their booking.
EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS ON CLASSES
Yoga Mama occasionally offers clients exclusive promotions on classes. For example, the opportunity to try your first class with us for just £5. If, after your first class, you wish to continue, you can purchase a single class or a multi-class pass (5 or 10 classes) at the advertised regular class price.
Terms and conditions:
- We limit these offers to one promotional rate class per client.
- It is open to new clients only, and valid on your first class only.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
Here you will find the terms and conditions relating to Yoga Mama studio policies.
- Please arrive a few minutes early
- New students: are to fill in a health assessment questionnaire and hand to teacher before first class.
- Late arrivals: if you arrive a few minutes late, please make sure that you do not enter if the class is chanting or in the first relaxation. Then please enter as slowly and quietly as possible.
- Eating: we recommend that you do not eat at least three hours before your practice. If a special condition prevents this, eat easily digested foods, i.e. fruit or yoghurt, no later than one hour before class.
- Mobile phones: in order to avoid disturbance, we ask you to switch your mobile phone off before entering the class.
- Yoga Mama is a trading name of Yoga Mama Ltd ®, registered in England and Wales, Company Number 07308655. The Yoga Mama® Registered Trademark is filed with the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office with the registration number 2467258.
- We will pursue all violations of this trademark (logo, trading name) using the relevant legal channels.
Last updated: 17 September 2023