YOGA FOR THE MENOPAUSE & PERIMENOPAUSE
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The Yoga for the Menopause and Perimenopause CPD workshop is unique as it counts on the invaluable experience of yoga-teaching Obstetrician and Gynaecologist Sangeeta Mittal, specialist Women’s Health Yoga teacher Claire Dobbs and Senior Yoga Teacher Cherie Lathey. In the workshop we look primarily at giving yoga teachers the information and tools to support women who are going through the menopause and perimenopause period and learn about the hormonal changes that occur at this time.
- The aim of this one-day CPD workshop is to give yoga teachers a guide with which to work safely and confidently with menopausal women.
- Promote a greater understanding of the huge impact that hormones have on the body during the perimenopausal and menopausal period.
- Learn suitable postures for menopausal/ perimenopausal women and the effects these have on the body.
- Create a nurturing calming environment for women.
Among the topics that we will cover in this Yoga for the Menopause CPD workshop are:
- What is the menopause?
- Hormones and the changes that occur during the menopause
- Pelvic Floor Maintenance / Yoni Shakti
- HRT and natural remedies
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
This workshop is primarily aimed at qualified yoga teachers and women’s health professionals, and is approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Upon completion of the training workshop, we will issue teachers with a Yoga Mama CPD certificate if required.
We have also decided to open up the workshop to women who have an interest in the menopause. They will, however, not receive a certificate.
The workshop costs £130, which includes digital format training handouts.
Yoga Mama is offering an early bird discount on this workshop. Book your place by 31 October 2023, and you will pay just £120. Use the code MENOPAUSECPD when checking out.
To reserve your place on our next workshop, you can book online using the form below.
For more information or any other enquiries about this workshop, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cherie Lathey on 07939 589 083.