RESTORATIVE YOGA AND MINDFULNESS FOR WOMEN
1-DAY ONLINE CPD WORKSHOP WITH YOGA MAMA
NEXT WORKSHOP DATE: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Due to Coronavirus social distancing regulations, Yoga Mama will be running this workshop online via Zoom, as approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
See below for more workshop description.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The Yoga Mama Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness for Women CPD workshop is led by Restorative Yoga teacher Diane King, Mindfulness teacher Fiona Worthington and Senior Yoga Teacher Cherie Lathey. It is unique as we will draw from the vast wisdom and experience of these three teachers.
In the workshop, our primary aim is to provide yoga teachers with the information and tools needed to support women who are experiencing life changes or difficult times. Using Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness techniques, we will look at how, as teachers, we can empower others to navigate through the challenges they are facing.
The aims of this Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness for Women workshop are set out below. We will look to:
- Promote a greater understanding of the huge impact that Restorative Yoga can have on both the mind and body for women.
- Learn suitable postures and breathing techniques (pranayama) to help navigate difficult times, including loss and anxiety.
- Teach soothing sequences for women at different times in their lives.
- Learn suitable Mindfulness techniques and meditations for women.
- Give yoga teachers a guide with which to work safely and confidently with women, while - at the same time - creating a safe and nurturing environment for all.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
Amongst the topics that we will cover in this workshop are:
Yoga postures that may be soothing for:
- Grief and loss
- Heartbreak and relationship ruptures
- Anxiety and depression
- Miscarriages and fertility challenges
- Dealing with uncertainty and lack of control
- Irritability and anger
- Transitions between postures
- Sequencing in times of crisis
- Finding stillness in chaos
In addition, we will also cover:
- Mindfulness techniques
This CPD workshop is approved by Yoga Alliance professionals and is open to yoga teachers and women’s health professionals.
The date for our next Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness for Women CPD workshop has yet to be decided. Due to Coronavirus social distancing regulations, Yoga Mama will provisionally run this workshop online via Zoom.
COST OF WORKSHOP
The workshop costs £130, which includes the training handouts. Early bird offers will be available on this workshop.
To reserve your place on our Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness for Women CPD workshop, you can book online. For any other enquiries, send us an email to email@example.com or call Cherie Lathey on 07939 589 083.
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Diane will combine her extensive knowledge of teaching Restorative Yoga, along with her many years of experience supporting women through the challenges of fertility, pregnancy, postnatally and in later life. She will look at how we can move away from the desire to fix or change ourselves and others. By doing so, we open up to wisdom, acceptance and growth with humility and humour.
Fiona will draw upon her skills as a multidisciplinary coach and therapist who studied mindfulness-based cognitive therapy at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. She will offer helpful insights and suggestions to help train our minds, as well as a number of practical meditations that women can use at different points in their lives.
The Yoga Mama studio is located in Putney, south-west London. Full address below.
2nd Floor, 266 Upper Richmond Road,
London SW15 6TQ